Deanie joined the County Council in 1990 qualifying as a Legal Executive in 2001.
She specialises in highway law matters and is a member of the Place Team. Deanie provides comprehensive advice on the statutory duties and responsibilities of the County Council in its capacity as a highway authority and has extensive experience and knowledge in relation to highway law i.e. the creation and adoption, diversion and stopping up, protection and maintenance of the highways and matters relating thereto. In particular, her wide ranging experience covers the following areas:-
- Highway licences and consents
- Road adoption and Advance Payments Code
- Private street works
- Creation, extinguishment and diversion of highways
- Advocacy for stopping up applications
- Highway enforcement issues
- Highway status enquiries
Deanie also has experience as a committee administrator and for 8 years managed on behalf of the Council the Stansted Airport Consultative Committee and the Passenger Services Group at Stansted Airport, as well as a highways development committee.
Current work includes the following:-
- Drafting and issuing highway licences and consents under the Highways Act 1980
- Drafting and issuing licences under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
- Drafting and advising on Public Path Orders under the Highways Act 1980 and the Town & Country Planning Act 1990,
- Advising, preparing for and attending hearings and inquiries arising from the Public Path Orders process under the Highways Act and the Town & Country Planning Act
- Advising on the operations of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
- Advising, negotiating and acting on behalf of the Council in relation to Public Path rationalisation schemes
- Providing guidance and training for clients in relation to Public Path Orders