Debbie has worked for Essex County Council for 36 years. She acts for both internal and external clients in all aspects of commercial conveyancing which include police house sale, both right to buys and sales on the open market, leases, licences, building contracts, easements, purchases of highway land and Part 1 compensation claims for Highway's schemes. She is a long standing member of the team and has a good working relationship with both internal and external clients.
- Essex Police Authority - numerous police house sales which include sales on the open market and to serving police officers together with the granting of a licence for the purpose of erecting an aerial mast.
- Essex Fire Authority - granting and taking of leases and sales of surplus land
- Norwich City Council - granting of leases for the use as office space, close liaison required to ensure that requirements of the external client are fully understood and expedited
- Foundation Schools - granting of licences and leases to various bodies which again involves close liaison with the external clients
- Environment, Sustainability and Highways - acquisition of various plots for the purpose of constructing a drainage lagoon to alleviate flooding which required liaising with client regarding plans and their
- requirements regarding time scales and liaising with the seller's solicitors to ensure mutual terms and deadlines were met.
- Issuing advance payments with regard to land acquired by compulsory purchase and completing land acquisitions, payment of monies to claimant under Part 1.
- Education - granting of numerous leases to nursery schools operating on school premises
- Social Services - advising on various issues regarding implications of ECC acting as guarantors for children within the responsibility of the Council and the granting of Guarantee Agreements to prospective Landlords to young people under the care of the authority