Marie Livings joined Essex Legal Services in March 2000 as a member of the Paralegal Team primarily assisting the Child Care Team. Marie currently works in the Adult Social Care and Education Team.
- Registration of legal charges at Land Registry in accordance with the Health and Social Services and Social Security Adjudications Act 1983 and Health and Social Care Act 2001.
- Advice to Adult Social Care on charging for residential accommodation and domiciliary care services, deprivation of assets and simple trusts of land.
- Ordinary residence disputes.
- Probate applications on behalf of the council as creditors.
- Pre-litigation work where debts arise under s.22 of the National Assistance Act 1948 and s.17 of the Health and Social Services and Social Security Adjudications Act 1983.
- Providing telephone advice on education matters.