Qualified in 2000. Before joining Essex County Council in May 2007, Tracy worked in private practice specialising in civil litigation. Tracy has extensive experience in working for individual clients and on behalf of major household and motor insurers dealing with a wide range of issues, advising on the merits and value of a claim to conducting and completing Court proceedings.
Since Tracy joined Essex County Council she has continued to focus on civil litigation, advising and acting on behalf of the Authority in a wide range of disputes.
Tracy also acts on behalf of other Local Authority's dealing with a range of civil litigation matters including defamation.
- Advising clients in respect of and conducting multi-track and fast-track personal injury cases in areas including Employers Liability, Public Liability and Road Traffic Accidents.
- Advising clients in relation to consumer disputes and acting on their behalf in bringing and defending Court proceedings.
- Advising upon high value contractual disputes particularly in the field of construction and conducting litigation.
- Advising clients on the impact of developing case law and conducting tree subsidence litigation
- Advising clients upon and conducting debt recovery litigation, from initial letter before action to enforcing Judgments.
- Advising and acting in relation to liability, strategy and quantum and negotiating settlements on behalf of Essex County Council and Suffolk County Council
- Handling a wide variety of insurance litigation matters including fire and flood claims.
- Advising clients upon the Consumer Credit Act and extensive experience of handling credit hire claims.
- Experience of County Court advocacy