The Children's Team works closely with Social Services, dealing with applications for care proceedings for children at risk of harm in their home environment. Bridgette currently supports Natasha Taylor, Principal Solicitor, and carries out the following duties:
- Issue applications to the Court for care proceedings.
- Compile and update bundles for the office and those needed for Court or Advocates.
- Renew Interim Care Orders.
- Draft letters of instruction to experts.
- Administer Section 7/37 cases.
- Draft Statement of Facts for placement applications.
- Instruct counsel.
- Liaise with parties, Court and Social Worker.
- General administration.